Regular preventive maintenance is of vital importance to ensure safety and uninterrupted use of the Motorway.
Regular Preventive Maintenance works for the Motorway include:
- cleaning of road surfaces and shoulders;
- upkeeping of green areas;
- cleaning and supplying restrooms at parking areas;
- cleaning rainwater catchments;
- cleaning vertical and renewing road signage;
- rehabilitation of the Motorway safety guardrails and fencing;
- maintenance of road lights;
- maintenance of the Motorway and tunnel management system;
- maintenance of the toll system;
- maintenance of buildings;
- maintenance of the irrigation, fire extinguishing and water supply system;
- maintenance of the fiber optic telecommunications network;
- maintenance of the uninterrupted power supply systems in tunnels and other critical Project facilities.