Aegean Motorway, concurrently with the commencement of its Business Activities, developed and installed an Integrated Management System incorporating:
- Services Quality Management;
- Management of Occupational Health and Safety Hazards;
- Management of Environmental Impact deriving from its Activities;
- Management of Risks related to Security of the Information and Management of Personal Data held by the Company;
- Human Resources Management;
- Road Traffic Safety Management;
- Energy Management.
The Company aims for the constant improvement of the services provided by improving its internal processes and strengthening cooperation between its employees.
In that view, the company sets out objectives and provides all the necessary resources for delivering its visions.
The final objective is to achieve customer satisfaction not only within the narrow framework of the Quality of the Service provided but in the broader social context also encompassing economy and culture.
The collective effort Aegean Motorway staff has made and is still making in order to establish, implement and constantly improve the Integrated Management System is confirmed and validated by its Certification, a process carried out by an independent Accredited Certification Agency.
Because of the degree of complexity and the extent of the Company’s Activities, the Company decided to start with the Initial Certification of part of the Company, which it achieved in August 2009.
Upon completion of the first three-year period of certified implementation of the Integrated Management System, the Certificates were renewed covering all Company operations as follows:
- Occupational Health and Safety Management in compliance with the OHSAS 18001:2007 Standard;
- Environmental Management in compliance with the ISO 14001:2004 Standard;
- Social Responsibility Management in compliance with the SA8000:2008 Standard;
- Quality Management in compliance with the ISO 9001:2000 Standard;
The continuous development and improvement of its operations in fulfillment of its objectives lead to the extension of its Certificates and the inclusion of the following two Certificates in the Integrated Management System:
- Road Traffic Safety Management, covering the management of the company’s fleet of vehicles as well as the Motorway Safety in compliance with the ISO 39000:2012 Standard.
- Energy Management in compliance with the ISO 50001:2011 Standard.
The Company’s Management acknowledges the requirements set out by the Greek Law and the International Standards compliant to which it certifies its Operations and ensures that these are fully met. It also sees to the constant improvement of the efficiency and efficacy of their application.
Special emphasis has been placed to Human Resources Management via the Procedures implemented by the Human Resources Department, which focus on the following:
- The development of Communication channels reaching out to the lowest hierarchy level
- The identification, recognition and management of problems in relation to Overtime, Discrimination, Harassment and any other kind of intervention against Workers which may constitute an offence to their personality
- The development of team spirit and the common definition of high objectives through social events and specifically designed training programs
- The development of a corporate social responsibility and contribution mentality through group activities of environmental or social community nature
The objective is to develop a Healthy and Secure Working Environment offering Equal opportunities to all Employees, regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, disability, religion, etc. to protect Employees’ rights, to meet Safety and Security Regulations and to plan, develop and provide social goods to the external environment of the Company.
Moschochori, Larissa, April 20, 2015
CHILD LABOR POLICY
Aegean Motorway recognizes the reasons for the emergence of Child Labor in the Social Environment in which the company undertakes its activities.
The reasons which this phenomenon is attributed to include poverty as a result of the Global Economic Crisis, unequal opportunities in education depending on the geographical area, as well as the prejudice against certain social groups (refugees and gypsies), which, due to recent political turbulence, have increased in Greece.
Child Labor is a phenomenon of Social Pathogenesis. Children that work are deprived of their most basic rights, such as the right to Education, since school abandonment is inextricably linked to Child Labor. As a result, children are abruptly thrown into the world of adults, they lose their child-like innocence and are forced to mature ahead of time, while their social and professional future becomes uncertain and leading nowhere.
Aegean Motorway, in the framework of its activities and resolve, takes action in an endeavor to help the “young breadwinner”. Every action in this direction is examined extensively, taking to heart the best interests of the child, as one-sided measures and policies would merely lead to adverse results and exacerbate the situation.
In particular, Aegean Motorway:
- Opposes any form of exploitation of children and, under no circumstances or in no way whatsoever, does it endorse Child Labor.
- Asks that its Partners, Suppliers and Sub-Contractors implement the same Policy and requires to be informed on any divergence whatsoever.
- When coming across the practice of Child Labor by any of its partners, endeavors to handle each case separately and act accordingly.
- Cooperates with the competent Services and Organizations working against Child Exploitation, in an attempt to contribute to the efforts of the said institutions to tackle the problem regarding child labor. These efforts include fighting for the provision of basic education to all, as well as economic support at local level.
Moschochori, Larissa, 29.07.2010